In 2006, Richmond Audubon Society (RAS) began a data collection process to generate checklists for our favorite field trip locations around Richmond, Virginia. Information presented in the checklists below represent species sighted during RAS field trips or by field trip leaders on other dates. As data collection continues, these checklists will develop into a more complete picture of species abundance.
What’s The Difference Between The Audubon Checklist And The General Checklist?
The Audubon Checklist is generated from data recorded by Richmond Audubon Society field trip leaders at a given site, either during Richmond Audubon Society fields trips or on other visits to the site.
The General Checklist is a checklist composed of data from all citizen scientists who have visited the location and submitted their observations to the EBird web site.
- Amelia Wildlife Management Area – Audubon Checklist and General Checklist
- Ashland Trolley Line – Audubon Checklist
- Berkeley Plantation – Audubon Checklist
- Bryan Park – Audubon Checklist
- Curles Neck Farm – Audubon Checklist
- Henricus Park/Dutch Gap Conservation area – Audubon Checklist and general checklist
- Highland County – Audubon Checklist and General Checklist
- James River National Wildlife Refuge – Audubon Checklist
- James River Park, Main Area (42nd Street) – Audubon Checklist and general checklist
- James River Park, Pony Pasture Section – Audubon Checklist and general checklist
- James River Park, Wetlands Section – Audubon Checklist
- Pocahontas State Park – Audubon Checklist and General Checklist
- Point of Rocks Park – Audubon Checklist and General Checklist
- Presquile National Wildlife Refuge – Audubon Checklist and General Checklist